Since the summer of 2018 we’ve been sending out an email newsletter called Perfidy Press Pronouncements (now Provocations) to subscribers more or less once a month. Most have some sort of a literary theme, but they’ve been known to ramble in the weeds of cultural trends, political currents, environmental issues, pandemic musings, and blatant marketeering.
If you like the recent newsletters found below, please consider signing up to receive forthcoming ones. Each is a interesting, concise take on a different subject. You’ll also get exclusive previews of work in progress and special offers. All we ask for is an email address. You can opt out anytime with a single click.
We’ve started archiving newsletters beginning with the one from April 5, 2021 and are working our way forward and back to add more issues. You’ll find future newsletters posted here around a week after they are sent out.
All newsletters are housed in the Perfidy Press Blog, where you’ll find book reviews, craft essays, commentary on current events, and more. See a list of recent posts over on the sidebar. To find newsletter content when on another page, click the Newsletter in the tag cloud or the Newsletter category below it.
- A House by the Side of the Road (September 17, 2022)
- Why the Revolution Will Not Be Televised (July 9,2022)
- Six Random Days in May (May 24, 2022)
- On Making Literary Connections (April 22, 2022)
- On Conflict in Ukraine and in Two War Stories (March 13, 2022)
- On Making Black and Other Lives Materially Matter (February 16, 2022)
- Becoming a Bookseller to Beat the Odds (January 18, 2022)
- Remembering Forgotten Lore (November 14, 2021)
- “The freedom and exhilaration of moral insensibility” (October 25, 2021)
- The “Beautiful Madness” that is Exarcheia (September 10, 2021)
- Bringing Home the Bacon (August 18, 2021)
- It’s Only Money (July 18, 2021)
- Masters of Florid(ian) Political Prose (June 4, 2021)
- A Penny for Your Ism (May 20, 2021)
- The Gripes of Roth (April 5, 2021)
- Random Notes of the Season (March 23, 2021)
- Getting the Better of a Protagonist and Vice Versa (February 19, 2021)
- Looking Behind and Beyond the Sacking of the Capitol (January 8, 2021)
From Perfidy Press Provocations, a quasi-monthly newsletter
To subscribe to future issues, follow this link. It’s free, with no obligation.